This section provides information about using the Remote Control Web Viewer once you are connected to a mobile device. The tasks detailed in this section assume you are connected to a mobile device. For information about creating a connection session, see .
There are two different Viewer interfaces, depending on how you initiated the Remote Control connection. If you launched from the Avalanche Java Console, Remote Control will use the Standard Viewer. If you launched from the Avalanche Web Console, Remote Control will use the Web Viewer. You cannot connect to a device with both the Standard Viewer and the Web Viewer at the same time.
The Standard Viewer is a feature no longer supported by Wavelink.
This section contains tasks for working from the Web Viewer. For information on working from the Standard Viewer, see Standard Viewer Tasks.
Once you connect to a mobile device, Remote Control offers a variety of functionality, tools, and configuration options. The Web Viewer has the following tabs:
• Device. The Device tab allows you to interact with the device directly to force a reboot or view log files. For information on tasks performed from the Device tab, see The Device Tab.
• Files. The Files tab allows you to view and modify the files on the device. You can run, open, download, rename, or delete files. For information on tasks performed from the Files tab, see Using the File Explorer.
• Registry. The Registry tab allows you to view and modify the device registry. For information on tasks performed from the Registry tab, see Using the Registry Explorer.
• Processes. The Processes tab allows you to view, kill, and activate processes on the device. For information tasks performed from the Processes tab, see Using the Process Manager.
• Device Info. The Device Info tab provides information on the device ID, memory, power, screen, and security. You cannot change any of the information from this tab. For details on the information available on this tab, see Viewing Device Information.
Skins may be displayed in the Web Viewer, but they are not functional.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected